I really am feeling like I am getting out of this funk (finally) and I was able to get some more UFO’s completed.
Remember the Flower Of the Month series? I was able to get TWO of them done! And these kits were also cut generously enough that I could get the small quilt and a block out of them. This one is August and the flower was gladioli. I will say that I am not a fan of this one. Some of the fabric is pretty but it is incredibly busy and hard on my eyes. The trickiest part was the border and trying to decide if the rows of flowers should be treated as a directional fabric. The pattern showed that all 4 should look like the two sides. I opted not to do that and I’m not totally convinced I made the correct choice, but it is complete and so it shall stand.
This one is from February and utilizes violets. While violets are not my favorite, my mother-in-law loves them so this may find itself quilted and gifted to her for Christmas. I think it’s the tea-cup fabric that distracts me…I’m not sure….also, there was not enough of the original background so I had to go through my stash to complete the second square.
I don’t remember if I mentioned, but at the time that these all came out there was also a companion panel. Somehow in my overactive crafting imagination I thought that it would be a great idea to get the panel and use the second block to border around the panel for a quilt. I am now starting to realize that these blocks are all going to be different sizes so it will be a bit of a puzzle putting them together around said panel. I’m still game though. At least for right now. Of course with the latest coloring craze, I just might have to get out some fabric markers and color them but I will put that on the back burner until I can see how the blocks and the panel are going to work together.
I hope you are still making some projects on your UFO’s. I’ve fallen off the wagon for a bit. I don’t have air conditioning in my sewing room and that kinda discourages me from sewing during the hotter months of the year. I’m working on it, but for now it causes me delays in sewing. That and I got sloppy so I need to go put some things away to get back to my nice clean work surface.